Vision and values
"SHOW BY A GOOD LIFE THAT YOUR WORKS ARE DONE BY GENTLENESS BORN OF WISDOM"
SMMA is a church school that serves our whole community. We aim to inspire and nurture young people to be happy and successful, to live well together, to become high achievers, to make a contribution to their local, national and international communities, and to discover their vocation in our global society.
We believe that kindness, self-respect, tolerance and respect for our learning environment are fundamental to happiness and success, they sit at the heart of the Academy’s ethos and are an important aspect of our on-going academic success.
The SMMA Way is encapsulated in five expectations which all in our community are expected to adhere to:
- Behave kindly, show courtesy and respect to all members of the Academy Community.
- Respect learning, never disrupt lessons or the learning of others.
- Strive for 100% attendance, be punctual and bring the correct equipment.
- Engage and persevere in all lessons and complete all set tasks.
- Take pride in SMMA and demonstrate the Academy’s Values.
We make a substantial commitment to the development of character in our pupils and their pastoral wellbeing. We are driven in our curriculum design as well as in our daily living to support our pupils’ character development and working in partnership with parents, ensure that their children are well-organised, content and ready to learn.
Through our assemblies and in class, we focus on six Christian values which underpin our approach.