Expectations and Standards
We believe that kindness, self-respect, tolerance and respect for our learning environment are fundamental to happiness and success, they sit at the heart of the Academy’s ethos and are an important aspect of our on-going academic success.
The SMMA Way is encapsulated in the “Five Expectations”. All pupils are expected to:
- Behave kindly, show courtesy and respect to all members of the Academy Community.
- Respect learning, never disrupt lessons or the learning of others.
- Strive for 100% attendance, be punctual and bring the correct equipment.
- Engage and persevere in all lessons and complete all set tasks.
- Take pride in SMMA and demonstrate the Academy’s Values.
We make a substantial commitment to the development of character in our pupils and their pastoral wellbeing. Our House System allows the pupils to receive daily support from their Academy Guardian, who will work with them closely as one of only fifteen pupils in their Academy “family”. Our Guardian Curriculum is specifically designed to support our pupils’ character development and working in partnership with parents, ensure that their children are well-organised, content and ready to learn.
In addition, each pupil is monitored closely by their Head of House who is responsible for ensuring that each pupil in their year group thrives during their time at the Academy, both academically and personally.
The Pastoral team is led by the Deputy Headteacher, Damilola Ajagbonna, along with the Heads of Year, Fr Sam Korn, Mrs Jones, Ms Dolby & Ms Williams.