- Admissions to Primary School
Admissions to Primary School
Each year, 30 children are welcomed into the Reception class at St Mary Magdalene Academy. Modern facilities and a highly motivated and well-qualified staff offer those children the best possible start to their primary education.
Visits are welcomed and there are a number of organised tours in the autumn term. Please contact the Primary reception on 020 7502 4722 to make an appointment.
Allocation of places
Please see our Primary Admissions Policy below for full details.
Primary-Admissions 2022 - 2023-Policy.pdf
In short, Primary School places are allocated in the following order:
1. Looked after children.
2. Children of UK service personnel and crown servants: for families of service
personnel with a confirmed posting, or crown servants returning from overseas
3. Siblings of children in Primary School.
4. Regular attendance at St Mary Magdalene Church, St David’s Church, or St Luke’s Church – see the Primary-Admission-Church-Attendance-Form.pdf
5. Resident of Islington and attendance at other Christian churches or chapels.
Applying for a place
To apply for a place in our Reception Class, you must complete the application form in the Islington admissions booklet and return it to the School Admissions Team, 222 Upper Street, Islington, London N1 1XR.
We are heavily oversubscribed and operate a waiting list in all other year groups should an occasional vacancy arise. Please complete an application form to apply for one of these places.
If your child has not been offered a place, the law entitles you to appeal against that decision to an Independent Appeal Panel. Details of how to appeal for 2022 entry can be found in the document below.