- About Us
- Vision & Ethos
Vision & Ethos
"SHOW BY A GOOD LIFE THAT YOUR WORKS ARE DONE BY GENTLENESS BORN OF WISDOM"
SMMA is a Church school that serves our whole community. We aim to inspire and nurture young people to be happy and successful, to live well together, to become high achievers, to make a contribution to their local, national, and international communities, and to discover their vocation in our global society.
Our school motto is at the heart of how we work and learn together in the Academy:
- We understand that it is not enough to talk, but that we demonstrate our values by showing through our actions.
- We recognise that a good life consists of more than just academic achievement but one filled with humanity, cultural richness, and moral awareness.
- We value work and how committing to it can bring satisfaction and nourishment.
- Gentleness is central in the relationships between staff, pupils, and families.
- We strive for wisdom in the choices we make.
We believe that kindness, self-respect, tolerance, and respect for our learning environment are fundamental to who we are, they sit at the heart of the Academy’s ethos and are an important aspect of our ongoing mission to maintain a happy and successful community.