There are occasions throughout the academic year when it is great to have parents there to answer questions, share their wisdom and talk positively about their experience as parents of St Mary Magdalene Academy Secondary school. There are also charity events and special occasions where we welcome parent representation by the Parent Ambassadors. For example:
• The new Year 7 parent social event in September
• Open Evening for prospective parents in October
• The Christmas carol concert and carol service (including staff and parent choir)
• The musical production in March
• International Evening
In addition, there are occasions where we would like input from ‘parent voice’ such as:
• The Good Schools Guide
• Parental input on policy or curriculum reviews
• Oftsed inspections
If you would like to be a Parent Ambassador, simply contact the Headteacher’s PA by email or telephone and we will contact you. We simply add you to our email group of parents and when an event or occasion arises we email the group for availability.
We know that secondary parents are often busy, this system means that you can commit to as little or as much as you like over the course of your child’s time at school.