Admissions to Secondary School
Year 7 entry
There are 210 places each year for entry into Year 7. Please see our Secondary Admissions Policy below for full details.
In short, places are allocated to:
- Looked-after children
- Children of UK service personnel and crown servants: for families of service
personnel with a confirmed posting, or crown servants returning from overseas
- Siblings of pupils currently in the secondary school
- Pupils who score most highly on our Governors’ Places aptitude test.
- Distance places for those at Islington Church of England Primary Schools (Foundation places) The last 3 years' distance cutoffs were:
2020= 1.038miles, 2021= 0.845, 2022= 0.838
- Distance places without any other criteria (Open places) The last 3 years' distance cutoffs were: 2020= 0.376miles, 2021= 0.386, 2022= 0.312
Applications for transfer into Year 7 during Year 6 should be made using the Pan London Application Form, available on the London Borough of Islington website.
For in-year admissions, please follow this link for the application form
If your child has not been offered a place, the law entitles you to appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel against that decision. For details on how to appeal please see the document below.