Admissions to Secondary School
Year 7 entry
There are 210 places each year for entry into Year 7. Please see our Secondary Admissions Policy below for full details.
In short, places are allocated to:
• Children in our own Primary School
• Siblings of pupils currently in the secondary school
• Pupils who score most highly on our Governors’ Places aptitude test.
• Distance places for those at Islington Church of England Primary Schools (Foundation places)
• Distance places without any other criteria (Community places)
Applications for transfer into Year 7 during Year 6 should be made using the Pan London Application Form, available on the London Borough of Islington website.
Year 9 places
There are 18 additional places available for entry at Year 9 for those pupils who score most highly in the Governors’ Places aptitude test.
The application form can be found at the bottom of the page.
You are welcome to visit the school at any time. To arrange a visit please contact Birte Rohloff, our Admissions Registrar, on 020 7502 4714 or by email
For in-year admissions, please follow this link âSMMA-IN-YEAR-ADMISSIONS-FORM-v2.docxfor the application form
If your child has not been offered a place, the law entitles you to appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel against that decision. For more information on the appeals process please see the link below. If you would like to appeal, please collect a form from our Reception on Liverpool Road.