What our Students Say & Pupil Voice
The Secondary School has an active group of pupils who work together as the Student Council. The Council consists of 12 pupils:
- Year 7 representative
- Year 8 representative
- Year 9 representative
- Year 10 representative
- Four Heads of House (all Year 11 pupils)
- The two Head Prefects
- Two Sixth Form representatives
Pupils are elected to these position by their peers. This is a great opportunity for pupils to see democracy in action.
The Student Council meets in the final Friday of the month with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher. An agenda of items is tabled by staff and pupils in advance and discussion and actions are minuted.
Recent changes or actions instigated by the process have included:
- A new 3G AstroTurf pitch
- Changes to the queuing system at lunchtime
- Pupils awarding 5* classroom awards
- A working group of the Council volunteering to work on school values